But now he's gone too far.
Because I ignored most of the prequels, I missed out on Jocasta Nu. Happily she was brought to my attention via a lecture on reference interviewing for my program.
She is the ultimate in old librarian stereotype. Let's run through the list:
- Old woman with possibly witchy tendencies
- Disapproving mouth and attitude
- Tight bun, complete with sticks for stabbing out your eyes once you realize, Luke, she is your mother
- The belief that all of the knowledge of the world (that matters anyway) is contained within her own collection and you are wrong, sir!
- The willingness to say "Nope, nothing doing" after a 10 second interview.
Annoying, but I won't kill him with a shovel at midnight.